Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mission: Box Sets Week 1


Ok. Week 1 of what I have decided to call Mission: Box Sets, is now over. This past week for 7 days I used Laura Mercier’s Thickening and building Mascara and Yves Saint Laurent’s Parisienne perfume.
On the YSL website Parisienne is described as: PARISIENNE, the fragrance of ultra femininity, ultra sensuality. A grand floral with a woody structure, luminous even in its mystery. Blackberry - Damask Rose - Sandalwood I will agree with that description. I really liked this fragrance. It’s very appropriate for Spring/Summer. It is very, very feminine and florally. I am usually put off by fragrances that have too much floral, but this contains just enough of that Sandalwood scent to tone it down. I would also only wear this in the spring and summer months, it may be too florally for my taste during other seasons. There is one big drawback I did find with this scent, and that is that it fades quicker than any other perfume I have ever tried. But, like all things fragrance related, that could be because of my body chemistry. All in all, I enjoyed wearing this scent.
The Thickening and Building mascara by Laura Mercier is marketed as volumizing mascara that will allow you to apply multiple coats without clumps-which is good because while I did find that the mascara does not clump at all-I also found that I needed 3 coats to get a really good voluminous look from this product. The mascara is very fine and liquidier than any other mascara I’ve tried to date. But that does allow you to apply the product liberally and build up the volume of your lashes without getting clumpy or giving you spider lashes. There were lots of benefits and one major pain with this mascara.
The Benefits: It holds up for hours. Every day that I wore this mascara it held up for over 14 hours! It didn’t smear or start to fall at all. It’s easy to remove and has vitamins A, E and C to condition your lashes.
The pain: You must allow it to dry properly or run the risk of getting it everywhere. And because it is so fluid and you do have to apply multiple coats to build it up, it does take a few minutes for it to fully dry.
So that completes week 1. Now onto week 2—Bad Gal Lash Mascara by Benefit and Very Hollywood by Michael Kors perfume. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment