Monday, June 7, 2010

NYX Pretty not Pricey

I placed an NYX order from CherryCulture.com a couple of weeks ago when they had that 30% off all NYX products sale. I’ve been using NYX shadows for about a year now and I love them, but until I placed this order I had never tried anything else from the line. I am very glad I decided to give them a go; I really like everything I purchased. I even LOVE some things.
I have used the NYX jumbo pencils in the past and I adore them. They are comparable to MAC Paint Pots, but I actually like them better then the Paint Pots and they are a fraction of the price. They provide an excellent base if you wear them under shadows, but can absolutely be worn alone. Word of caution about these pencils though: always wear a primer under them and do not use a heavy hand with them or they will crease. Since they are so pigmented you really don’t need to apply much and they blend beautifully.

I got two brushes: the B04 Cheek Cream brush and the B13 Shadow 1 brush. The shadow brush I loved instantly (I have a thing for shadow brushes). It’s sort of tapered at the end and I think that’s what allows it to pick up product so easily. The Cheek Cream brush I actually didn’t like at first. I didn’t really know how to use it. After playing around with it though, I really like it. It’s very sturdy and holds up to the cream consistency very well.

The concealer stick works very well. I’ve tried a lot of other concealer sticks, but because they weren’t very blendable and caused too much tugging on the skin, I tend to shy away from them and stick to liquid concealers, even though I do not prefer concealer in liquid form. But the NYX concealer stick is very blendable and covers very nicely. As with all NYX products, you can’t beat the price.

I got a cream blush in the shade Glow. It’s is absolutely gorgeous and incredibly pigmented. I couldn’t get my camera to focus properly on a swatch, but believe me when I say this is a must have for the summer. After it’s applied it just melts right into your skin and is very light weight. It lives up to its name and makes you glow.

Now onto my absolute favorite out of the whole lot, the Mega Shine Lip Gloss. I LOVE these Glosses. Every color is beautiful and pigmented and not at all sticky. I have to be honest, when I first stumbled upon these Glosses I passed them up because they are “Mega Shine”. While I like shine just as much as the next gloss junkie, I am not a fan of overly shiny lips. You know, the kind that look like you just swiped baby oil over your mouth. Not a good look. I was very pleasantly surprised with the NYX glosses though, they provide just the right shine. I love, love, LOVE them. They have doe foot applicators and smell like candy, what’s not to love?

If you haven’t tried the NYX line, you’re missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment