Thursday, June 17, 2010

Mission: Box Sets Week 2


I've got Katie Perry's California Gurls song stuck in my head. Someone help me. I still cant decide if I like her or not. Moving on...
Ok, week two has ended on Mission: Box Sets. During week 2 I used Bad Gal Lash by Benefit (LOOOVE!) and Very Hollywood by Michael Kors.
The good stuff: I absolutely love Bad Gal Lash. Its one of my new favorite mascaras. I kind of don't want to move on to the next mascara this week, but I will for the sake of this mission. Ahh sacrifice in the name of beauty. Haha! As the kids are all saying, "Whatevs". Bad Gal Lash does everything I want a mascara to do. It gives volume like nobody's business, its superduper black, it does not flake or smudge or clump or do any of that annoying junk we all hate, and it doesn't cost an arm and a days pay. On Sephora you can pick up a full sized tube of this gorgeous mascara for 19.00 USD. I used it for 7 days straight, for more than 10 hours a day and it never failed me. Love. And the wand is amazing. I guess bigger really is better...moving along.
The perfume. For me, Very Hollywood was very dangerous. As I've tweeted all week, this stuff is like honey to bees--literally. Bees are drawn to this perfume like mad, and since I'm allergic to bees (hello, anaphylactic shock) it made for an interesting week. I'm not too crazy about this perfume all around. Its smells like gardenia and nothing else. Its very, very strong. You just need a tiny bit and the smell will encircle you and the entire room. Not what I look for in a fragrance. On a personal note: I'm from Hawaii, and this is a scent older woman use there. Older like senior citizen old. One of my favorite aunts, God rest, used a gardenia fragrance often and this reminded me of her. That was the only good thing about it.Ok my pretties, until next week. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment